So then there was the big dilemma. We could...1) Wait out the high prices and re-price the renovation in a year or so and cross our fingers we could afford it then.
2) Continue living in the house for a few more years, knowing that we'd have to sell once we start a family.
3) Or go ahead and sell.
We hemmed and hawed for a few weeks. Almost tore down a wall separating the kitchen and dining room to make it feel more open. (We were already pricing out a face lift for the kitchen before we started thinking about selling). And then the realtor that actually helped us buy the house a few years ago, reached out to me needing a brochure for one of his listings. So I mentioned that we were contemplating selling and after discussing our options with him we decided to sell. So we kicked our butts in high gear to get the house ready. Painted a few walls. Accomplished some things we had been putting off for 2.5 years (if you're a home owner you understand this) and got the house in tip top shape.
We put the house quietly on the market and picked up a few showings. Put a sign in the yard with a coming soon sign and got a lot more showings. Officially listed the house in the MLS on Wednesday, requested offers be sent in on Friday, received multiple offers and subsequently negotiated/accepted an offer Friday evening. So the whole process of thinking about selling, getting in contact with our realtor and actually accepting an offer was about a month-long process. We are scheduled to close next week at the end of the month. And will move a few weeks later.
We feel so blessed to have made such a great investment for our first house and are excited to find our next home. Although moving day will likely see some tears. We originally planned on living in this home for many more years. Sometimes you just have to have faith and move forward. Finding a new home may prove to be









.jpeg)